We are able to help you if you are facing any of the following problems:

  • Your landlord has given you notice that they want you to leave your home
  • Your landlord has issued Court proceedings to evict you
  • Your landlord has issued Court proceedings to obtain an anti-social behaviour injunction against you
  • Your landlord has unlawfully evicted you
  • Your landlord has refused or failed to carry out repairs to your home

Tenant Dispute Services

If you are a tenant then we are able to assist you at any point from a landlord threatening to evict you up to making an emergency application to Court to prevent the bailiffs from repossessing your home.

We are also able to help if your landlord has illegally evicted you. This will often be the case if your landlord has changed the locks or removed your belongings without a Court Order, or if your landlord does this themselves rather than arranging for bailiffs instructed by the Court to do so.

If you are financially eligible for legal aid then we are able to assist as soon as you receive a notice from your landlord stating that they wish to evict you from your home. We are also able to offer representation at Court hearings or to make an application to a Judge to stop a planned eviction from going ahead.

Even if you are not financially eligible for legal aid then we are still able to advise or represent you. Our solicitors regularly provide advice to tenants for fixed fees so please contact us to discuss your requirements.

What should I do if I have a deposit or damage dispute?

A landlord must be able to prove that the tenant has caused damage to the property in order for them to take a sum from the deposit of the tenant. This is typically done by taking an inventory of the property at the start of the tenancy and again at the end.

Landlords are required to fix wear and tear that naturally occurs in a property however if a tenant causes any damage then that is not the responsibility of the landlord to pay for.

What should I do if I have issues regarding eviction?

There should be a notice period in your tenancy but, by law, landlords must give tenants a minimum of two months’ notice of their eviction. This is also known as a Section 21 notice and if the tenant remains in the property beyond those two months then the landlord must apply for a possession order.

It is also important to remember that your landlord cannot gain access to your property without consent. They are allowed to enter the property to carry out repairs but must give at least 24 hours notice.

Why Choose Us?

No matter what the issue, our specialist solicitors Natalie KiddJohn Gorner and Joshua Stolberg are experienced in numerous kinds of landlord and tenant disputes and will do everything they can to resolve a dispute as quickly as possible. We pride ourselves on our local connections and have been helping our community since 1733. We can travel to you to discuss the details of your dispute or you are welcome to visit us in our offices in Altrincham, Macclesfield or Stockport.

We provide a bespoke high quality professional service. It is therefore important that we see our clients in person both at the start of the case and from time to time thereafter. Due to logistical and time constraints for both clients and ourselves, as a general rule most of our clients are based in the North West including Cumbria and the Peak District, North Wales, South and West Yorkshire and Staffordshire.

  • This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.