We are able to help you if you are facing any of the following problems:
- Your landlord has given you notice that they want you to leave your home
- Your landlord has issued Court proceedings to evict you
- Your landlord has issued Court proceedings to obtain an anti-social behaviour injunction against you
- Your landlord has unlawfully evicted you
- Your landlord has refused or failed to carry out repairs to your home
If you are a tenant then we are able to assist you at any point from a landlord threatening to evict you up to making an emergency application to Court to prevent the bailiffs from repossessing your home.
We are also able to help if your landlord has illegally evicted you. This will often be the case if your landlord has changed the locks or removed your belongings without a Court Order, or if your landlord does this themselves rather than arranging for bailiffs instructed by the Court to do so.
If you are financially eligible for legal aid then we are able to assist as soon as you receive a notice from your landlord stating that they wish to evict you from your home. We are also able to offer representation at Court hearings or to make an application to a Judge to stop a planned eviction from going ahead.
Even if you are not financially eligible for legal aid then we are still able to advise or represent you. Our solicitors regularly provide advice to tenants for fixed fees so please contact us to discuss your requirements.