Housing Disrepair Claims

283 Years Experience | Expert Housing Solictors

If you are renting a property and let’s face it, more and more people are renting rather than buying their home these days, you need to be certain your landlord fulfils his side of the tenancy agreement by making sure your home does not fall into a state of disrepair.

Should your boiler break down or the drains become blocked, you need your landlord to resolve the issue as swiftly as possible. Unfortunately for some tenants, experiences with less than responsible landlords can be a problem and legal help may be needed to resolve an ongoing issue of housing disrepair.

This is where we at Keoghs Nicholls Lindsell and Harris Solicitors can help. We can offer sound advice to clients who believe they have a claim against a landlord for housing disrepair. Our Housing Solicitors can deal with your claim in a swift and efficient manner, to help resolve your housing problems and give you peace of mind.

We offer ‘No Win No Fee’ agreements, sometimes called Conditional Fee Agreements and if you are eligible, we can offer Legal Aid Funding.

Meet our housing disrepair experts...

Contact our expert housing disrepair team to discuss your case today. We are an independent law firm meaning we only act in YOUR best interests.

Meet the team

Reasons for making a disrepair claim can be any of the following, although the list is not exhaustive:

  • Blocked or leaking drains, or problems with sinks, baths, toilets and sanitary fittings
  • Problems with the exterior structure of the building; walls, stairs, roofing, gutters, external doors and windows
  • Faulty heating or hot water appliances
  • Faulty electrics
  • Damp– especially where this has caused or been caused by a problem with the structure of your home, for example a faulty damp proof course.

Your landlord is not under an  obligation to carry out improvements. Further, should your rented home fall into a state of disrepair you must initially report the problem to your landlord and give him or her reasonable time to have any problems fixed.

If the landlord fails to respond or address the problem within a reasonable time, you may have a claim and be entitled to compensation. Some of the reasons you might want to start a claim for disrepair are as follows:

  • If disrepair problems have caused inconvenience to you, your family or anyone else living in the property
  • Repairs carried out, or failing to be carried out have led to damage to your own personal property
  • Failure to resolve issues or carry out repairs has led to you not being able to enjoy or use your property in a normal manner
  • Disrepair issues have resulted in causing ill health to you, your family or anyone else in your home.

There is no need to  put up with living in rented accommodation that is not up to a decent standard, call us now for free advice on what to do next and let us help you get your housing disrepair problem fixed. Remember any initial consultation is free. We will help to ascertain whether you have a claim that should be pursued. We can also advise you on options such as legal aid or No Win, No Fee arrangements.

Call us now for free impartial advice and we will help you to get your issues resolved and to claim compensation, if appropriate.

Get in touch!

Call us

0161 928 9321

Or request call back

Complete the form below and we will call you back to discuss your claim

Why Choose us?

  • No Win Low Fee
  • Free Initial Consultation
  • Outside The Box Results
  • Private & Confidential